Friday, April 20, 2007

as to relationships 2

If you would ask me what I know of love and romantic relationships, I would say that love, like any living thing on this earth, is grown through time.


"What is love?"


Just as I have written in my previous entry, this is one of the questions we ask rather so often. It is because love is one of the gray matters of life. Love is what we seek to understand because it is beyond our control. We love, even if we are not loved. We love, and we get hurt. In effect, we want answers to enlighten our minds, and consequently make it a form of control to avoid the stings of love.


Just when I got tired of asking anything of this matter, the mystery of it came clear to me, and I didn't have to look further to see what it is really about. As I have said, love is grown through time. Just like any other living thing on earth, it also follows stages.



I believed in the idyllic form of love. I had in my head an idea of a perfect man who would someday find me. We would fall in love, spend romantic moments together, bla bla bla bla bla. (What was I thinking?!) As far as I have gone with my life, I now have come to realize what love is all about. I feel it every night when I go to bed, and knowing who I am going to wake up to the next day.


Before having our baby, we had this love-hate relationship. We used to fight about a lot of things, and these fights would always end in break-ups. For some reason though, we always found a way to get back together. We had a shaky relationship to begin with because we didn't know each other that well. As time passed by, these fights happened less and less, and we found ourselves enjoying our time with each other. We started talking about a lot of things to try to get to know each other. Through the process, we became friends. I couldn't think of anything to describe what we have though, all I know is that we're partners.


It's true, there's no such thing as a perfect match.
There's two people who are willing to hold on to each other to mold their relationship into perfection. Love is wanting to be with a person, to spend even the longest, most difficult moments for you to create a relationship that will mature through time.


All I can say is that,
"I'm more than happy I stayed with you." Yihee.

No comments: